We represent many clients before the Social Security Administration who have disabilities caused by mental health conditions. You may be surprised to learn that 21% of all approved Social Security Disability claims in 2010 were primarily related to mental health conditions. We have successfully represented many clients who suffer from mental illness. Whether it is your primary disabling condition or secondary to a physical health condition, we can review your medical records and take steps to maximize your chances of being approved for SSDI and SSI benefits. We often recommend Community Mental Health Centers for those seeking treatment but cannot afford it. These mental health treatment centers provide treatment that should benefit our clients.
We appeal disapproved claims to Social Security Administrative Law Judges (ALJs) even for people who filed their SSDI and SSI claims on their own.
Although every case is different, many of the cases we take on fall into one of the diagnoses listed below. If you have a mental health condition that makes you unable to work, regardless of whether it is listed below, then you should contact us or call us at (248)560-7250 for a free attorney consultation about your disability.
Conditions for Mental Health Disability
- All forms of Depression, Severe Depression and Major Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Severe Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Anxiety / Panic Attacks
- Borderline Intellectual Functioning
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Autism / Asperger’s Syndrome
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Agoraphobia and other phobias
- Developmental Disabilities / Learning Disabilities
- Personality Disorders (also called character disorders)
- Conditions that are “Not Otherwise Specified” or “NOS”
If you would like more information as to disability due to Depression or other Psychological disorders, please review Mental Disorders, Listing 12.00.
Why You Should Trust Us with Your Disability Case
- You take on zero risk. If you are not approved for Social Security Disability or SSI benefits, you will not pay anything ever. There are no exceptions to this policy. We guarantee it in writing with every client.
- We have a proven track record. We use our skills and experience to maximize your likelihood of receiving Social Security disability benefits.
- We work hard to promptly resolve your disability case. We attempt to get you approved at the earliest possible phase of your case.
- We genuinely care what happens to our clients. We personally handle your case and we are attentive to your needs. We are not a large national disability mill than only focuses on moving cases through the system. We are Michigan attorneys and we treat your case with the respect that it deserves to improve your chances of receiving benefits.
If you have a mental health condition and you are unable to work, then you should contact us or call us at (248)560-7250 for a free attorney consultation about your disability.